Basic Crochet Fingerless Gloves Free Pattern and Video Tutorial
I’m constantly inspired by the weirdest things when it comes to creating new patterns. One of them is Cosplay. I am a fan of anime, comics, and cosplay.
Many characters often use all kind of accessories, and gloves are a very popular piece in many comic or anime characters but is not always easy to find one that is the perfect color, shape or size.
For this, I created a very easy and basic pattern for a pair of crocheted fingerless gloves, with this simple and basic pattern, you can create so many varieties by simply changing colors, using other stitches, making it shorter o longer, adding buttons and other add-ons.
Use the pattern as is, or use it as a base for your own creations, your imagination is the limit.
To make it easier to show and explain I created a short video, showing the stitches used and how I put everything together, I also show you where you could add extra stitches and make it longer, or wider, and so on.
Even though you don’t need a pattern to create this basic fingerless glove, I still wanted to share it with everyone, so you could decide what works best for you to learn. You could first follow this pattern and then see how to adapt it, follow the video instructions and make your own from scratch, or combine the two, and start following the basic creation of these fingerless gloves and then add your own touch.
What you need to know about the Basic Crochet Fingerless Gloves Pattern:
Skill level: Beginner
Size: Medium (Video shows how to adapt the pattern to any size desired)
- Light yarn or #3
- Crochet hook G- 4.0mm (I use the one from this set: Ergonomic Crochet Hook Set)
- Large eyed sewing needle (to weave in ends)
Gauge: 8 stitches x 10 rows = 2 inches ( 5.08 cm approx.)
- Ch = chain (How to make the chain stitch)
- sc = single crochet (How to make the single crochet stitch)
- sl st = slip stitch
Pattern: Basic Crochet Fingerless Gloves
Ch26. sl st to close
1: Ch1. sc around. sl st to close.
2 to 4: Ch1. sc around. sl st to close.
5: Ch1. sc around. don’t close and turn.
6 to 10:repeat row 5
11: Ch1. sc around. sl st to close.
12 to 24: Repeat round 11. Fasten off and weave in ends.
Thumb opening: sc around.
- You can increase or decrease the number of rows and make it shorter or longer as desired.
- You could increase or decrease the number of base chain stitches to make it as small or wide as desired.
- Watch the video tutorial for more information and visual reference.
- Play with colors, buttons, and other appliques to make it different and unique.
Don’t forget to post your finished projects on Ravelry, on the Craftytuts Facebook page, or use the hashtag #craftytuts on any Social Media. I’d LOVE to see your creations.
Basic Crochet Fingerless Gloves Video Tutorial and Instructions