I love to experiment and create recipes, especially muffins, because is SO easy. Just combine ingredients and then bake! It doesn’t get easier than that!
They make for a great breakfast, dessert or snack! (How adaptable, pretty good for just one food!)
This Healthy Honey and Oats Muffin recipe was especially created for my hubby. He wants to eat healthier, less processed food, with less fat content. So instead of butter and milk, I used non-fat greek yogurt and orange juice, honey instead of sugar, and whole wheat flour instead of regular white flour.
My son loved the muffins too, so I’m happier with him eating less sugary treats, and more home-made and healthy choices!
So easy and you’re done in just a couple of minutes, as if you needed any more reasons to try a healthier version of an all-time favorite. Muffins!! Yummy
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ cups old fashioned oats
- 5 tbsp. honey
- 1 ½ cups non-fat greek yogurt
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven at 375 F
- In a medium bowl, slightly beat egg.
- Add whole wheat flour, oats, baking powder and mix with a spatula or with an electric mixer.
- Add honey, greek yogurt and orange juice and mix again, until all ingredients are well combined.
- Grease a muffin tin and add batter.
- Bake at 375 F for 15 minutes or until golden brown
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Pinterest.
Leave a comment below to let me know what you think about my post! Feedback is always appreciated.