Would you like to know how much you save making your own frozen pancakes?
Maybe you’ve been thinking about freezing your own pancakes at home. But then wondered if you can really save some money bu doing so. And if so, how much? Is it really worth the hustle?
- By the way, if you want to know how to freeze pancakes I show you how I do it here: How to make your own frozen pancakes
Let’s do some quick math and see how much you save making your own frozen pancakes
Sometimes even if you save some money by doing something yourself; is good to know exactly how much to decide if the time spent is worth how much you save.
Also, keep into consideration that I am currently living in Alaska. Everything is more expensive than in the lower 48’s.
I can only use the prices I know to compare and see how much we save. You might want to check your local prices. But, at least this will give you an idea.
- A box of Kellogg’s Eggo Buttermilk Pancakes is $5.44 (Some brands like Walmart’s great value are a little cheaper, and you find expensive ones too, but none above $6. So this brand is right in the middle)
- A box of Hungry Jack Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix is $2, and a big bag of Krusteaz Family Size Buttermilk Complete Pancake Mix, 10 lbs is $6.68 (If we are trying to save, we might as well go big)
Already you can easily identify savings, but let’s find out how much exactly.
The frozen pancakes box comes with 24 units. Making it worth 22/23 cents per pancake.
The little pancake box mix was $2 and makes about 20 pancakes (it depends on how much mix you use for each one), so each pancake will cost 10 cents.
The big family bag makes 270 pancakes (Information found in the bag) and costs $6.88, so each pancake roughly cost 2.5 cents.
- By making your own frozen pancakes using the regular size box you save $2.60 per batch of 20
- By making your own frozen pancakes using the 10lb family mix you save $4.10 per batch of 20 (That is almost the price of the cheaper frozen pancakes saved!)
So there it is. Now you know how much you save making your own frozen pancakes!
You can’t deny that there are saving by making your own frozen pancakes at home. Now is for you to decide is those savings are worth the extra work that comes with it.
Although is not too much work to make the mix and cook the pancakes. It does take some time. And not everyone has time to spare. With working, taking care of the kids, taking care of the house, etc. We just don’t have enough time in a day. And we can use every extra minute that an already made breakfast can offer us.
Now you can make your decision as if what is best for you, to buy them ready, or make them yourself.
- Keep in mind, that you still save time by making batches of pancakes ahead of time, instead of making them fresh every morning.